The Marriage Bureau is found in the Moultrie Courthouse, JM 690.
Other duties associated with Marriage Bureau include the annotated following:
- Filing, docketing, and register maintenance of all District of Columbia wedding documents from 1811 to the current, and assisting the general public within their review
- Responding to questions regarding wedding permit application procedures
- Assisting members of the general public who want to correct a married relationship record
You might make an application for a wedding permit in 2 means:
- Look at the Marriage Bureau (place JM-690; Moultrie Courthouse) and complete a paper application: Marriage License Application.
- Submit the applying online (and look at the Courthouse to exhibit evidence of ID, mail order armenian brides make payment, and get permit).
In most circumstances, you have to show evidence of age for both events through one of several documents that are following
- US legitimate driver’s permit,
- Government-issued non-driver’s ID, or
The minimum age for wedding when you look at the District of Columbia is 18 years, or 16 years because of the permission of the parent or guardian.
The wedding permit application charge is $45.00 (this cost will likely to be waived in the event that applicant’s’ original DC Domestic Partnership certification and it is presented during the time of application). All charges needs to be compensated in credit or cash card (if face-to-face) or by check or cash order (made payable to: “Clerk, DC Superior Court”).
The wedding permit could be released the exact same day you apply, if all needed information is within the application, along with officiant title (if appropriate), payment, and proof of age papers. Læs videre The Marriage Bureau problems wedding licenses and certified copies, and authorizes spiritual and civil celebrants to do weddings when you look at the District of Columbia